Hashtag “#” is a word or sign prefixed with word or characters, to form a label. It is a type of metadata tag. Words or phrases in messages on microblogging and many of the social networks were using this. A hashtag allows grouping of similarly tagged messages, and also allows an electronic search to return all messages that contain it.
This infographic is to reveal more information about Hashtags such as #History, #uses, #in Social Networks and # tag etiquette.
- Since their invention, Hashtags have taken on a life their own. They now have various uses is social media, for example, in conferences and events, Twitter chats,social activism, etc.
- So the prevalent question is: How do we maintain proper hashtag etiquette?
- Because for Twitter, most people say that once you have included 2-3 hashtags in your tweet, you have reached your limit. Anything more is just annoying.
- One the other-side, Instagram pictures frequently include upwards of 10 hashtags.
- Every medium has different social rules, just as different dinner parties require different attire.