Content – Communicates Your Message:
The content you create communicates your message, educates your readers, and persuades them to purchase your products and services over your competition. In fact, providing high-quality content is one of the most important things you can do to attract clients and create interest in your business.
Types of Content:
A how-to blog is not just a blog – it’s the script for an explainer video, or a shareable infographic, or the base of an e-book. Each form reaches a different set of eyes and expands your network.
Check out these 98 types of content to dive into getting the most mileage out of your content.
- About 32. Easter Egg 63. Memes
- APP 33. E-book 64. Microsite
- Audiobook 34. Email 65. News: Analysis
- Augmented Reality 35. Ephemeral Content 66. News: Breaking
- Awards 36. Events -In Person 67. News: Company
- Behind the Scenes 37. Events Visual Affairs
- Blog Posts 38. Explainer. 68. News/Current
- Comic 39. Fact Check
- Case Study 40. Facts 69. News/
- Calendar 41. Failures News
- Cause 42. FAQ 70. Newsletter
- Certification Program 43. Forums 71. Opinion
- Challenge 44. Game 72. Opposing
- Cheat Sheet 45. Gated Perspectives
- Checklists 46. GIF’S 73. Paid Tools
- Click-bait 47. Gossip 74. PDF
- Co-branded 48. Guest Post 75. Personal
- Co-creative Content 49. Guide Narrative
- Company Culture 50. Hiring & Recruiting 76. Photo gallery
- Comparison 51. How-to 77. Plugin
- Content Library 52. Human Interest 78. Podcast
- Contest 53. Humor 79. Poll
- Course 54. Images: Stock 80. Predictions
- Curated Content 55. Images: Original 81. Presentation
- Data: Analysis 56. Infographic 82. Press Release
- Data Journalism 57. Interview 83. Profile/Brand
- Data: Visualization 58. Investigative 84. Profile/
- Day in the life 59. Landing Page Personal
- Demo 60. Listicle 85. Promotion
- Diagram 61. Magazine 86. Quiz
- Dictionary 62. Maps 87. Research.
88. Screenshots 89. Services 90. Social Media
91. Sponsorships 92. Statics 93. Testimonials
93. Tools 94. Videos 95. Webinar
96. Whitepaper 97. Wiki 98. Why
Why Content Marketing is Important?
Content marketing is a marketing strategy that revolves around the creation, publication, and distribution of content to a target audience in order to bring new traffic (and therefore new customers) to your business.
- Build Trust with Your Visitors
- Build Brand Awareness
- Great for Organic Search (SEO)
- Generate Lead for Your Business
- Attract Ideal Buyers
- Build Brand Authority
- Build Backlinks
How to Promote Content:
There are a lot of great marketers out there who create amazing content. They spend hours upon hours researching, writing, and perfecting their blog posts. All with one goal in mind: providing value. Sounds great, right? Of course, it does. But one thing we all often fail to do is Promote the Content.
There are multiple techniques to make that content seem fresh.
1, Post Title, “New Bog Post”designator
2, Ask a Question.
3, Cite a Fact.
4, Share a Quote.
5, Add Intrigue.
Content Marketing Is Too Valuable for both
Consumers and Brands:
The number one reason that content marketing is important is that your customers appreciate it. Content marketing generates as outbound marketing, drives six times higher conversion rates, and has the potential for a 7.8-fold boost in web traffic.
The reality is, content marketing has fostered the customer-centric reality we’re now operating in. From well-researched white papers to podcast series listeners can’t live without, content is changing the relationship between the brand and consumer.
It has everything anyone interested in or who works in the tech industry could be interested in:
- A monthly online magazine, FOCUS
- Live Cisco Facebook videos
- Blog posts on tech news
- Biographies of Cisco’s leadership team
Every piece of content begins with an idea. Once you have that great idea, you can use this list of content types to pick the format that will best showcase that idea. And never limit yourself to one idea, one format. One idea can be repurposed into multiple formats – text, video, or audio. The only limit is your imagination! By creating all the formats when it comes to great content, you’re sure to reach a gigantic, varied audience, build your brand name, and cater to a wide variety of formats your audience loves and consumes.