You would have tried tons of times for your keywords to reach the first position in search engines, but you may not be able to reach the top position in SERP’s due to some reasons, so at times you would follow the methods and techniques of your competitors.
The question is that it’s the correct decision to use your competitor’s brand name in your content for more traffic. This will help you or will leave you behind? After a lot of research for the question, there is a solution discovered.
It’s a good news, yeah you can use the branded keywords to enrich your keywords in the search engines.
Let’s see in our blog today in detail regarding this.
What are the things not to do while you use the competitors brands?
Let’s see first the things not to do. Using your competitor’s branded keywords means not directly targeting the direct competitors. This is a wrong process. You would get conversion problems due to this process. And your traffic will not be reliable too. And also you get a lot of confusions regarding the brand names. Ranking for your direct competitor keyword may be good to imagine, but this will be a confusion in reality.
Here is an example. When you search for the Nike brand in search engines, you will get a lot of Adidas product. This means Nike and Adidas are same? No right. So here comes the confusion. So this should not be done. Most of the agencies will not do this. The another reason is that it’s very difficult to rank for those branded keywords too.
Already your competitor keywords might be in top position, can you beat them within seconds? It’s completely difficult. But you can rank too, it will take time. So let’s see how to rank and what type of branded keywords you must use for ranking now.
You should indirectly competitive with your competitors. How to do this?
Know who are your indirect competitors. You can find this by checking the businesses that are in your industry but they sell different service or product. Lets see how to do this.
- Check out all the keywords in search engines. Focus on only the important keywords.
- As paid results will reach faster, note what are the businesses that are having this paid search results.
- Now you can know who are your direct and indirect competitors. If the business is selling the same product that you have then they are the direct competitors. If they have different service or product , they are the indirect competitors.
- Now note down all the indirect competitors for each of your important keywords.
- If you are focusing on the eCommerce store then it’s really difficult to find out the indirect competitors because most of them might have focused on paid results.
- Here is an option for it in such cases. You can use the google related keywords for finding out your competitors. Search like “branded Product keyword” reviews, ratings, customer reviews likewise. Look like this for both organic and paid results.
- Check the particular branded keywords that are grabbing more traffic for the website.
For small indirect competitors you will be able to rank easier, how about large indirect competitors? It’s little bit difficult. Be very careful while creating focusing content based on the branded keywords.
Do not completely promote the indirect competitors, you might use their brand and get benefits for your business.
How to rank for the indirect competitors keywords?
- Check for all keywords and queries you have regarding the indirect competitors.
- Develop a unique content for each and every keyword.
- Develop a title with the keyword, For eg : if you have the keyword as “windows 7”, you can create a blog content with title “few advanced features of Windows 7 over other OS”.
- From every perspective view check for the keyword to start with a effective topics.
- It will be good if your content has more than 1500 to 2000 words long.
- Publish it for the success.
Now the final step is to track all your engagements and data you are getting for your business. Before that add your branded terms to the keyword tracking tool to track the data.
So it’s good to use the competitor’s brand name in your website content to grab more organic search for your website, this will help you to achieve the results as soon as possible. It will also help in stealing the traffic from other guys.
You can enjoy the benefits until you are not focusing with the direct competitors.
Still thinking if it will work or not? Execute it in one of your blog post and track down the results you are achieving from your indirect competitors brand names. May be you focus on Paid search campaigns and it may give you good results, but in the the world of this digital marketing, organic result will always win and the results gained will last longer too.